SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, April 2, 2017

How To Create Rose Gold Text

how to create rose gold foil text font photoshop

If you're as much of a rose gold lover as I am, you've probably wondered at some point how to create rose gold text. It's actually a lot easier than you may think!

I have a tutorial which shows you exactly how to add a rose gold (or any other metallic) effect to your text, icons, buttons and more. All you need is Photoshop and a metallic texture.

Today I'll be using a texture I have created myself, from my newly launched product, the Pretty Textures Kit! I've created 70 large JPG texture images for all your commercial and personal design needs. The pack includes a mix of rose gold, marble, glitter, silver, gold, foil and more. Check it out here.

1. Create a new Photoshop document
Open up Photoshop and go to File > New > Blank File. Set it to the size you want (try 500px by 500px) and give it a white or transparent background.

2. Type your text
Select the Type tool, choose your font, choose the colour black, and click anywhere on your new document. Type out whatever word/s you like.


3. Add your metallic texture
Open your metallic texture image and paste it on top of the text you've just written. In the Layers section, right click on Layer 1 (the metallic) and select "Create Clipping Mask". Your text will turn metallic.


4. Resize the texture
If you've used a large texture image, you may want to make it smaller so it looks better on top of the text. Simply click one of the corners of your texture image and drag it inwards until you're happy with it (you may need to keep re-positioning it back on top of the text).


5. Final steps
In the top menu go to Layer > Flatten Image. Crop it, save it and you're done!


If you want to add a metallic texture to a shape, simply create a shape with the Shape tool and follow on from step 3.

I'd love to know if you try it out, let me know how you go in the comments! And if you're looking for a collection of textures to have ready for you on your computer, available to use for personal projects or products you create to sell, check out the Pretty Textures Kit. 💗



Follow

7 comments :

  1. That is so cool, I never knew you could do that! Thanks for sharing!! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hello there, now I finally get to create my own cool coloured writing! Thanks for sharing it!
    Lea, xx
    www.asnippetoflife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please put a link to the "Photoshop" you are using to download it please!!

    Magdalena | LifewithMagdalena.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for tips how to create gold text and today finally found it here in your blog post.So happy! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have really helped me set up my blog and I never thought that doing rose gold text could be so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this worked so well! Is there a way to do this for something that I've drawn as well?

    ReplyDelete